Colin Collier Sing Frida
Colin is A big fan of ABBA’s music since he watched them win the Eurovision Song Contest in 1974,
Colin was inspired to learn Swedish so that he could understand the various Swedish solo recordings that the four ABBA members had made during the 1960s and early 1970s.
He also speaks French fluently and has a good knowledge of both German and Spanish.
Colin is a qualified teacher and translator. He translated ABBA - The Book into English for Jean-Marie Potiez and has appeared on numerous television shows in Europe promoting ABBA.
1. Tell Me It’s Over
2. Knowing Me Knowing You
3. Baby Don’t You Cry No More
4. I Know There’s Something Going On
5. Comment Te Dire Adieu (original French version of Så Synd Du Mâste Gå)
6. Going Out Of My Head (English version of Jag Blir Galen När Jag Tänkar Pâ Dig)
7. How Long Should I Wait (For You To Call Tonight) (song written for Frida by Colin when he was 18)
8. Perfect Summer* (English version of En Ledig Dag)
9. Junge Komm Bald Wieder (original German version of Peter Kom Tillbaka)
10. One Little Lie
11.Love Grows (Where My Anni-Frid Goes) (original English version of Där Du Gâr Lämnar Kärleken Spår with slightly amended lyrics) du går lämnar kärleken spår
12.I’m The Fool (You Wouldn’t Even Remember My Name) (English version of Aldrig Mej with new English lyrics written by Colin)
13. Quiéreme Mucho (original Spanish version of Din)
14. Syrtaki (Siko Chorepse Syrtaki)* (English version)
15. Don’t Do It
16. Liv På Mars?
17. Threnody/As Long As I Have You (spoken intro by Kevin Odekirk)
Collier Sings Frida, the album features fifteen cover versions of songs that
were originally recorded by Anni-Frid Lyngstad-Reuss (known to millions as
Frida, the red head from ABBA), plus Colin’s version of ABBA’s Knowing Me
Knowing You, and a unique song composed by Colin himself with Frida in mind when
he was 18!
“Frida’s music has been an inspiration to many people over the years,” says Colin, “and when I was looking for a theme for my first album, it seemed quite natural that I should choose to cover Frida’s songs.”
The album was recorded between May 2011 and August 2013 at No Machine Studios in Berkshire and SilkHouse Studios in Hampshire. It showcases a wide range of musical styles and was jointly produced by sound engineers Neil Sadler (owner of No Machine Studios) and legendary smooth jazz musician Oli Silk.
“The hardest thing was deciding which tracks to include in the final mix,’ says Colin. “Frida has recorded so many beautiful songs and I had done test recordings for over thirty of them. The songs that feature on this album are my absolute favourites.”
Oli Silk was responsible for the music on the CD. “Oli is a total genius!” says Colin, “It was such an honour to have him on board.”
Colin is also delighted that Kevin Odekirk agreed to read a verse of Dorothy Parker’s Threnody on his album.
The CD comes with a 24 page booklet.htm with details of the recording of the album and some interesting stories of Colin’s experiences as a Frida fan.
Buy the Album on the Colin web